Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Heart Day!

Today we celebrated friendship and kindness! We had a lot on the go, so here are just a few highlights from our Valentine's Day!

The children arrived to find little surprises on their desks, as well as a code they were challenged to crack. Cooperation was key, and they worked together to solve the puzzles and read the messages!



The boys and girls enjoy reading the series of books by Rob Scotton about the adventures of a cat named Splat. This week we read Love, Splat. Can your child retell this sweet, silly story to you?

After reading about Splat, we did a comprehension activity. We made personal connections to the story by writing about a time we felt loved, and then made our very own Splat!


The children's sentences were so thoughtful! Here are a few to enjoy:

I felt loved when my cousin babysat me. 

I felt loved when my papa took me to the pyramids. 

I felt loved when my mom took me bowling. 


I felt loved when I went skidooing with my brother. 

What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than to get our hearts pumping! We danced, jumped and laughed as Mr. Roman blasted tunes for the primary classes to groove to in the gym. What a ball! (All of my pictures were unfortunately quite blurry ... but please blame the fast-moving dancers and not the photographer!)

To show kindness towards our classmates, the children delivered little surprises to their classmates. Aren't their Love Monster bags fantastic!?!
Delivering valentines (a.k.a. organized chaos)

Today was special because we celebrated our friendships. Happy Valentine's Day!


Special thanks to Royal Balloo for Crack the Code, to Cara Carroll for the Splat the Cat craftivity, and to The Teacher Wife for the Love Monster mailbag activity

No comments:

Post a Comment